Wednesday 8 February 2012

Music Video Evaluation Q4


I used Google to find information on our chosen genre, Soft Rock. Through Google, i found several useful sites such as, Wikipedia and Yahoo Answers. From both these sites i was given a definition of what Soft Rock is and artists who are within that genre. I also found Google Images helpful as i was to find pictures of the artists i was not familiar with. 

I then went on to use Youtube to get a better understanding of Soft Rock music and to find out the conventions of Soft Rock. I watched several artists including Pink, Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte and Maroon 5. From these i was able to come to the understanding that the conventions of Soft Rock vary and there isn't a certain theme followed. Finding this helped us to then decide on ideas for our music video. 

I used Survey Monkey to create a survey for my target audience about what they expected to see in a Soft Rock video. I used Facebook and Twitter to get my target audience to complete my survey. Finding out what they expected to see helped us to know what kept them interested in a Soft Rock video. However, we decided not to take everything they expected to see on board but to bring something new as it will make it more interesting if it is unexpected. 

I used Premier Pro to edit our music video by cutting out footage we didn't need or adding special effects or video transitions. An example of this is our black and white scene. I used Photoshop to make my digipak and magazine advertisement. This helped both our projects look skilled by the use of it's tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment